How far can I use my resin tanks?

Hi everyone !

I have been using 2 resin tanks for several months now and they are getting opaque.

Since I don’t know when it is over I would like to know if my next project is printable.

As the pictures are huge I send you a link with my project and my resin tanks: https://we.tl/NBTVXf09KK

The project takes about 130ml of resin clear and I want to print it either in 0.05 or 0.025mm

Wat do you think of it ?

Thank yous guys !

Question is…have you noticed ANY issues so far with your previous prints?

1 Like

IMHO this part is still very usable!

2 Likes

On the “dark” part on the left I’ve got some issues but on the rest of the build plate everything seems to be ok…

Thank you ! How about the other tank ?

let the more experienced talk by themselves :wink:

1 Like

I use the tanks until I start to have issues. I always keep a spare for when a tank starts to go just in case. Normally the cloudy old tanks are used for small prints and large prints are done on a newer tank.

Once I start to have issues I replace the tank right away so that I don’t forget to move away from the bad spots.

I can’t wait for the new long life tanks to start shipping.

2 Likes

Any of you followed the recoating of PDMs on used tanks?
Perhaps its a path you can follow…

2 Likes

I recoated my Form 1 tanks but haven’t done any Form 2 tanks yet. It’s not hard to do, just takes a level surface and a decent gram scale.

1 Like

Which particular method or coating brand did you use? Links welcome :wink:

I pulled the old layer off and cleaned. Leveled a table for the trays and poured in the correct weight of silicone. 12 hours or so to cure and I was done.

A quick PDMS search on here can find the links. I think there are threads for the Form 2 also.

1 Like

Is that image on the online printer status page? I don’t recall seeing it (haven’t used the printer in a while, but on a big upswing now…).

1 Like

yes indeed :slight_smile: