Formlabs next printer?

Polyjets are messier to clean up and the surface quality isn’t as nice as sla. I found the edges to be ratty and rough compared to sla.

@KenCitron, that seems to be the case with the Sintratec prints , resolution is still not up there to SLA prints.

Poly jets prints I had done all had edges that looked like they were sprayed, typical like an inkjet on absorbent paper. What is the Sintratec print?

There was one I saw–can’t remember the model, but it could print very high quality, better than SLA but it printed in wax

Hi @SonKim I built exactly what is seen in the following video:

I have several sized platforms inside the box for larger and smaller items, so they get closer to the lights (for the heat). I know there are much better solutions, however it works for me.

• Kevin

@kevinduhe , thanks - I ordered the stuff and made my curing box. Worked out great!

I’ve been using my Form2 for the past week and printed 5 things successfully. By far the most hassle free experience in 3D printing. I’d be interested in the NexD1 polyjet printer next year if it panes out, if Formlabs has something similar in the works I’ll grab that instead :wink:

Kudos to Formlabs for having excellent documentation covering Orientation and Support, both really important when printing my hollow objects. All I need now is to learn to print without support.

1 Like

Glad to hear you are having such success @SonKim Great to hear it!