Color Resin - Actual vs. Expected Color Wildly Inaccurate

So I purchased the Form 3 with the intention of mixing a number of unique colors using the Color Kit.

In addition to tried and tested “Recipes,” Formlabs has a Custom Color Picker tool to allow the user to create custom colors from RGB values. While I completely understand the difficulty in engineering such a tool, the complexity of color, and the experimental nature of the product, the results I am getting are so wildly inaccurate as to leave me absolutely perplexed about how to proceed.

I have mixed two colors so far. One is the “Walnut” color, which is a Formlabs tested Recipe. The other is supposed to be a darker green color which is a custom recipe using the Formlabs Custom Color Picker.

Walnut Expected:

Walnut Actual:

Now, one might forgive the lightness in color given the thin walls of my model.

But the custom color produced an inexcusable result:

Expected Custom Color:

Actual Custom Color:

This color had 3 times the black pigment added to it compared to the Walnut color, but it appears as if I added just a small amount of cyan and a drop of yellow to produce an aquamarine or turquoise color. I was aiming for a dark forest green.

Here is the swatch of colors that I had intended to create, using the Formlabs Custom Color Picker to ensure that the expected color could be produced using the color kit:

Screenshot%202021-03-10%20232826

Can anyone share their experience in getting colors to more closely match? Are the colors I’m attempting to recreate impossible with this product, or do I simply need to ignore the Custom Color Picker recipe and use my own judgment?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.