Cleaning the Form 3 Resin Tank

I can’t quite figure out how to clean the resin tank after a failed print. I got the big pieces out, but of course the inside of the tank is still all covered with goop. I see something about cleaning the bottom/outside with IPA and a PEC pad, at this link:
https://support.formlabs.com/s/article/Maintaining-the-Resin-Tank-Form3?language=en_US#cleaning

But I see nothing similar about cleaning the inside of the tank with IPA and a (lot of) PEC pads. Should I just run the tool along the film on the inside of the tank, and if I don’t feel any bumps, then I’m done? It seems like a lot of work to fill that whole inside with enough IPA to clean up the resin, and it would take a whole lot of PEC pads to then soak up the resin/IPA mess. It would probably have to be done in many iterations (wipe with pads, add IPA, wipe with pads, add IPA, etc.) That would take quite a while, and traumatize the film a lot also, to get the entire inside of the take clean as new.

I am inclined to just scrape the film on the inside of the tank with the tool, then reinsert the tank and try again. (?)

I have cleaned my tank multiple times.All I do is use the new tool to fish out the cured resin parts.has worked for me so far

Thanks, I did the same. Now I have cleaned out two failed parts, filtered the resin, and had a successful print afterward. The first time took a while. The second time I did it much faster. Not so difficult once you have everything handy and know how to do it.

One important part - when pouring the resin through the filter, of course a little will spill out onto the outside of the tank. Not much, but a little bit curls around the edge during pouring and dirties the outside. It is best to clean that off BEFORE putting the resin back in. Wiping down the outside of a full resin tank is not easy, because you have to hold it perfectly level with one hand.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.