A bit of resin alchemy

By chance has anyone here tried Tuff or Blough with V2 Black resin and V1 Tough resin? I have some of the latter kicking around that I want to get rid of, and am looking for a consistency between the two (not as brittle at Black, but stiffer than Tough V1). Any suggestions on which setting to use for it on my Form 2?

e.g. 80% Black V2, 20% Tough V1, print as Black V2?

@mdrm ā€“ Noticed from your cartridge picture that youā€™re using Black v2 and Tough v2. Have you gotten a chance to test Tough v3? If so, how does Blough compare? Thanks.

(or was that just an old picture?)

Hi there, is there anybody out there in Australia who can tell me where to get this yellow magic in OZ?
Thanks

What was the result of the Tufflex-50 batch? Did it suffer from the safe issues of stiffness a few days on?

It got more and more brittle as it ā€˜driedā€™ out.

Hi Christopher,

Have you tried the ā€œDurableā€ resin ?

Hi Oliver,

No, I have not had a chance yet. I would like to check it out though. Have you?

Hi Christopher,

Well I have just plugged in my second cartridge, and it has become my favorite resin for my applications.
I find that the flexibility give the parts a great tolerance to impact and stress.
I torture-tested the rafts : thy will just flex and never break or crack. It seems that I can always bring force them back to their initial shape, even after a large deformation.

3 Likes

@mdrm itā€™s been a long time since your posts about Bough and Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s passed the test of time and if youā€™ve refined your solution. Iā€™m looking for something as close to ABS as possible and your mixture sound good albeit with a lower heat transition temperature than ABS. I donā€™t make prototypes but end use parts which need to be rigid, impact resistant and be fairly heat resistant (must not deform or become soft on a carā€™s dashboard in the sun for instance). Tough has a very low glass transition temperature so I canā€™t use it and rigid is too brittle and so is black.
@themedulla proposed a 20/80 mixture of tough and rigid which Iā€™m also keen to try.