New hybrid resin mix

Thanks Jesse!

@Eric, I did try the 25micron print but there was virtually no difference, only the print time was doubled. In fact there was more stepping lines visible. I’m thinking the 25 micron would require a different mix with higher pigment and less viscosity, to make a difference. It may also require more curing time, per layer, but unfortunately we have no control over that.

@Kevin Holmes, Yes I’m very excited that I can print with a much higher quality on the form1 now. It’s very important for jewelry. Unfortunately, still no luck casting these, because the form1 even in a small amount doesn’t burnout clean. Hopefully they will release a castable resin soon with some properties that are important for jewelers. High resolution, low viscosity, melts like wax instead of smoking, curling and getting crusty.

@ah3000mk1, I don’t have a B9C to try. I’m assuming B9 owners have not reason to try the form1 resin, because they are already pumping out awesome castable prints. The mix I made is slightly softer that grey resin alone, but not by much. The post curing time is a little longer.

@Andy Hudson, Thanks. Here are some images of the new mix print vs the grey resin print. You can see it’s a huge difference. Enjoy.

I will be trying a new mix today, that I think will be even better. Will keep you guys posted.

2 Likes