Lead times and delivery of Form 2 and resin

One Final comment the Resin came today as promised by support and the first job is already printing. So it looks like the lead times are now being met.

UPDATE:
The printer arrived this week, exactly 12 weeks from the day I ordered it. FedEx damaged the resin package and returned ti to FormLabs. I emailed support at FormLabs about the return and they returned my email the next day. In all I am satisfied with this process and the time delay. In comparison, I ordered a MoonRay printer and iit showed up 6 months past the deadline.

2 Likes

I asked our logistics team to report back on the situation of delayed printer shipments. They produced this chart.

For the past few months, shipments have been 2-6 weeks late from the quoted lead times. That is not a good situation but we’ve worked to reduce it steadily. On the upside, I’m happy to say that shipments are now hitting their delivery dates (and our production rates are above our earlier plans, so we may even be able to get ahead of our quoted lead times).

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing this.

Ordered a Form 2 on April 25 will receive it on Thursday, 37 day wait, They estimated 7 weeks. Formlabs beat there estimate.
Can’t wait to get it up and working.

Happy Customer,
Scout Design & MFG

1 Like

Ordered March 28, Received May 27.
Almost exactly 8 weeks. Thanks Formlabs!

I have been waiting since 10th of March.

Mine is still delayed for another week despite Maxim’s announcement, but I was told it has been built and waiting for shipment and that the extra delay was because of a change in resen formula.

I suppose if I get the new formula, and it all comes at once, it is not such a bad thing.

UPDATE on delivery of Form 2, I did receive the finishing kit, extra trays and resin today as expected but no printer :frowning: FedEx shows they delivered everything and Formlabs order is showing “completed” Not sure what is going on. I will be contacting Formlabs, I new it was to good to be true.[quote=“mlabird, post:65, topic:7854, full:true”]
Ordered a Form 2 on April 25 will receive it on Thursday, 37 day wait, They estimated 7 weeks. Formlabs beat there estimate.

Happy Customer,
Scout Design & MFG
[/quote]

The information from FedEx certainly sounds confusing! Please do get in touch and we’ll help sort out the delivery. We know you’re eager to print.

UPDATE 2, Form 2 has been delivered as expected. The fact that the delivery information was confusing was is totally a FedEx issue and not Formlabs. Sorry Formlabs if I implied you were at fault. Now, on to installing and first print.
Lesson learned; be more patient :slight_smile:

[quote=“mlabird, post:68, topic:7854, full:true”]
UPDATE on delivery of Form 2, I did receive the finishing kit, extra trays and resin today as expected but no printer :frowning: FedEx shows they delivered everything and Formlabs order is showing “completed” Not sure what is going on. I will be contacting Formlabs, I new it was to good to be true.[quote=“mlabird, post:65, topic:7854, full:true”]

Happy Customer,
Scout Design & MFG
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ordered mid march 2016
Form 2 arrived at my door late May
Everything arrived at once, though shipped from 2 different locations.

I believe the estimate was 8 weeks, probably took 9 weeks (not really counting here)
Support informed about the delay at 8 weeks after an email inquiry.

They seem to be making their estimates now. I’m sure those single mode lasers don’t manufacture themselves! I am also glad they’re putting Euros to work, people have no work over there and their quality can be very high.

Happy with everything!

Just another data point: ordered 4/15 (estimated delivery time 8 weeks), delivered 6/3. Exactly 7 weeks. Now to set it up and try it out :-).

1 Like

I ordered a Form 2 on June 3rd. The website quoted a 7 week lead time so I wasn’t expecting anything anytime soon. I was therefore, rather surprised to get a shipping notice from FedEx on June 9th indicating that the Form 2 had shipped (barely 6 days later)! Initially I thought they’d just shipped resin, but FedEx claim it’s a 48lb box so that seemed unlikely. I later got another notice for a smaller shipment which I assume is the resin.

Anyway, it’ll arrive later this week, so I guess I’ll see then.

I ordered mine on the seventh of April and it arrived yesterday. All but the castable resin arrived with the machine. I understand the Castable resin new formulation CABL02 is on back order.
Machine is installed and running fine.

Ordered 6/4 with a 7 week lead time, and it was delivered (and running a print) on 6/15. I almost didn’t place the order because the stated lead time was so long.

My Form2 arrived today after spending 7 days with FedEx (apparently I was cheap when I selected the shipping option) and only a 6 days after I ordered. Currently running a test print. Looks like the current lead time is a little pessimistic.

Castable resin arrived from the US 5 days after the printer. All running fine now :slight_smile:

Great is it the casdtable V2?

How are the prints?

Hi Yes it is Castable resin V2. the prints are very good clean crisp. I am now experimenting with curing times and burn out schedules. I will let you know how it goes.

2 Likes

Good to know!