Check out the next round of 3D printed shoes from New Balance!

In 2017, New Balance began a partnership with Formlabs to develop a 3D printing production system, enabling new possibilities and opportunities for innovations in footwear. The first results of that partnership were revealed this summer, with the announcement that the 990 Sport TripleCell would begin shipping to stores across the United States; the 990S was met with high demand as most sizes sold out within hours.

Less than three months after announcing the 990S TripleCell, New Balance is now introducing the FuelCell Echo Triple. The Echo is powered by the same premium technology platform as the 990S, combining stereolithography (SLA) 3D printers with the custom-made, high-performance Rebound Resin.

Want to win @newbalance’s upcoming FuelCell Echo Triple shoes powered by #3Dprinted #formlabs technology or $100 in Formlabs credit? Here’s how to enter!
:heavy_plus_sign: Follow @formlabs on Instagram
:speech_balloon: Tag a friend in the comments section of this post before September 25 at 12PM ET
:athletic_shoe: We’ll randomly select our lucky winners on September 26
:1st_place_medal: One lucky winner will receive a pair of FuelCell Echo Triple shoes
:2nd_place_medal: Three second place winners will win $100 in Formlabs store credit
:page_facing_up: Read the full terms and conditions in the attached document below.

pt 2 New Balance Sweepstakes - Official Rules.pdf (79.5 KB)

1 Like

Can someone discuss how you were able to scale this for production?

I’d be happy to reach out to some folks who were more intimately involved in the process to see if they can hop on and give some more background!

1 Like

This sounds like a fascinating collaboration! I’m actually looking for “success stories” in manufacturing innovation for a client project - @DKirch is there anyone at Formlabs who would be willing to talk with me about this partnership so I can use you guys as an example of how to do it right?

As an FYI to anyone else looking at this. I found a local news video on this. https://www-wcvb-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.wcvb.com/amp/article/sprinting-towards-the-future/29254597
So it looks like the process hasn’t been automated and they are using a 2 part resin, which means there’s going to be a pot life.

1 Like