Where to purchase TPM

Since IPA is impossible to get right now. Does anyone in the US know where to purchase TPM?

Thanks for your help

Tripropylene Glycol (Mono) Methyl Ether (TPM solvent)

1 Like

It’s an alternate to IPA. https://support.formlabs.com/s/article/Washing-prints-with-TPM?language=en_US

I’m finding that DPM can also be used. Since IPA is not possible yet I’m looking for places to purchase TPM or DPM.

Does anyone know any company from EU that will deliver TPM or DPM by post? Those UK based don’t deliver outside UK or Ireland. TPM in Croatia is about 800 EUR for 18L package. I’m not paying that.

We purchase TPM from Jrhessco.com

Thank you @karambu. I just sent an email to them for costs.

Does anyone in Canada have experience buying TPM? I emailed Jrhessco with no response although I will try again.

I just purchased some Yellow Magic. That can also be used. I got it off Amazon. Maybe you can see if Amazon.ca.

I have no experience ordering it in Canada, but uline.ca has a quote request form – you can ask them to purchase some and ship to you, even chemicals they do not regularly stock.

VWR international delivers it to us by post in 20 liter cans

I ordered TPM from Grainger on March 18 since my IPA stock was diminishing. Originally told by email confirmation of the order that I would receive it March 28. Then an email said I would receive it April 2. Still waiting.

Hi leonhart88. Were you able to find TPM or IPA in Canada? I am looking to see where to buy… Any help is appreciated.

Yes I ended up buying DPM from Univar. They also carry TPM but it’s more expensive. They come in 20L pails. I had trouble finding any other supplier and Univar had a warehouse locally so that worked out really well. Wasn’t too expensive either.

Update – Grainger notified me by email on April 14 that I would not receive my order of TPM because the supplier cannot ship to an orthodontist’s office. I called JR Hess and placed an order. Had to order 5 gallons at $363. Received in 2 days. Now I’m set for life with TPM.
But Formlabs protocol of using warm water with a bit of detergent as a second wash leaves sticky models. I am using IPA as my second wash (using manual kit), which works fine. So this will stretch out my limited supply of IPA. I am going to experiment with using ethanol as a second wash since this is readily available now from liquor distilleries and sold as “hand sanitizer.”

Thank you so much. IPA and TPM are no where to be found. I contacted 10 companies today and your answer seems to be the best option right now. DPM. I hope Univar gets back to me soon so I order it. Thanks again!

I’ve tried the 2 companies Formlabs recommends for getting TPM in smaller quantities and have run into a delivery problem. They won’t deliver to residential addresses. Is this anyone else’s experience? the 2 companies are Fisher Scientific and Sigma Aldrich.

I’ll have to try Yellow magic if I can’t get TPM delivered to my place.

Kathleen

This supplier apparently delivers to residential addresses:

Just spotted on my local formlabs resin supplier (SIMPLY RHINO) that they now stock 5L of TPM for GBP82.80 and in stock not a bad price for small qty. See https://www.rhinowebstore.com/formlabs-products/Formlabs-TPM-Wash-Solvent

What’s the advantage of TPM over DPM, which I’m using at the moment?

Hi billb

Cannot help you on that. Our adoption of TPM was driven by lack of availability of IPA and we still needed to clean off excess resin. We took advice from FL.

It does work but we have modified our cleaning process on non dental material projects. We always finish with a IPA rinse to draw off the last of the water rinse to reduce drying time.