What's the best Resin for printing Dental stone models and Implant Analog Models knowing that I'm using the Dental SG Resin for my surgical Guides?

What’s the best Resin for printing Dental stone models and Implant Analog Models knowing that I’m using the Dental SG Resin for my surgical Guides?

I am printing more Dental stone models than Surgical Guides but it’s actually so expensive to use the Dental SG Resin for the Dental models. What do you recommend for printing the dental models knowing that they must fit the surgical guides printed with dental SG resin.

My concern is to get a dental model that does not fit the surgical Guide if i use 2 different Resins.

In other words what Resin has the closest characteristics and shrinkage level to the Dental SG Resin?

Thank you

Formlabs currently recommends Grey V2 for dental models. In fact, that’s what we use for sample parts.

Hello Dear Senguen,

Thank you for your assistance.

What do you think about using the Clear Resin for dental models (since i am looking for a transparent material)? what are the right temperature and time duration for the UV curing?

Best regards

Dr Kais LARBI

For what reason you recommend grey v2 resin ?
In what it is better than all started resins ?

We have done extensive testing and found that of the general purpose (GP) resins Grey V2 performed the best for dimensional accuracy on average at the scale of bite arches.

3 Likes

Hello Dear Senguen,

Thank you for your assistance.

What do you think about using the Clear Resin for dental models (since i am looking for a transparent material)? what are the right temperature and time duration for the UV curing?

Best regards

Dr Kais LARBI

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.