Suggestions for preform upgrades

A dump of my notes on preform upgrades:
• Allow user to set default preferences for support settings and maintain those settings until they are changed.
• Auto open/close menus with mouse hover instead of clicking each menu button
• Support review - generate a table/report to inform the user if ‘questionable’ locations exist (as opposed to relying on manual visual review of the model)
• Slice feature - allow user to input a layer number and jump to that layer
• Enable 3D mouse support for navigation
• Maintain tray orientation notes (hinge side, front, back, etc.) all the time
• Allow user to identify dimension/feature critical locations of parts and modify the auto support generation algorithm to position/orient part and apply supports to minimize impact to critical features/dimensions
• Add feature to allow user to remove the base (place flat portion of part directly on plate) but still add supports to other parts of the model

3 Likes

They also need to add information on how to access the “slice” feature. I couldn’t find it in the help system or forums, and it wasn’t in the menus. I had never seen the tab with the number on the right-hand side of the window.

Please add something both in the app AND online documentation that helps new users realize that this feature exists…the only way I knew was that I saw it mentioned in a forum, but still couldn’t find it!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.