My 3DPrint-O-book

This is a (very) old stuff that I forgot to post here. I did this model as well for a tradeshow in Japan (yes, it’s sexy for our standards, not for there…NSFW perhaps for some of those)

This is a making of, I did two figurines and finally drop the first one to focus on the second one. I used MadeSolid resin at that time, now I’ll focus mainly on Gray V3 :slight_smile:

Some images:
What I like with the Form1+/Form2 is that in 100 microns, it’s damn fast (well, it could be faster ;p) and it lets me do some tests prints while working to see if the parts fit together or if the proportions are not that off. It’s easy to have something which works in the virtual world, but not in the real world. Then I’m often do quick prints in low quality with no supports optimization. It costs a little bit of money, but it avoid doing huge mistakes that you discover after printing your master.

Then this version was not good, I dropped it and the 3D print confirmed me that.

The grey prints look amazing !

That’s the new matte grey they just came out with ?

Very impressed - doesn’t even look like sanding / priming etc will be needed to cast anything

we are currently using the black, but if these look that good in person then it’s time to toss that stuff and upgrade !

1 Like

Ohhhhh!!, wonderful!
Just got the new white…love it, next the grey.

1 Like

More Grey V3 ! These are straight out from the printer. I’ll try to do nicer photos tomorrow than with my cellphone.

@Gadzooks yes, no need for sanding, except on the location of the supports. No black magic tricks here… I never tried the Formlabs black one, only the MadeSolid (V2) with my Form1+, then it’s impossible to compare for me. But so far, I’m very pleased with what I have!

1 Like