Jewelry Made From the Chemical Composition of Tears

Tears of Possibility and Hope in .925 Sterling Silver

Tears of Those Yearning for Liberation in .925 Sterling Silver

Tears of Release in .925 Sterling Silver

I am the designer and founder of jewelry-brand, XENOPHORA. I wanted to share with you guys some recent work for my latest collection titled _ 006_ We’ve Shed Tears Like Layers of Skin_.

We’ve taken the chemical composition of tears (yes, the tears we cry) based on various tear types and 3D printed/casted them into precious metal jewelry.

The typography of the tears on the microscopic slides looked like cityscapes and little worlds. I wanted to maintain this, in the printing, casting and the finishing of the jewelry. I also wanted to maintain the aesthetic of my previous jewelry collections (which was up until this point, completely hand carved/fabricated :grin:) and to keep it cohesive. I wanted it to still feel handmade and wabi-sabi like my previous work yet, I needed the precision for capturing the tears chemical-cityscape characteristics, this was achieved through various finishing techniques.

Thanks for viewing!!!

This collection was developed exclusively with my sister company, Casting de Khrysopoeia - a full-service jewelry manufacturing facility and design house dedicated to bringing jewelry ideas from concept to creation. We offer services such as 3D Printing, Lost Wax Casting (+castable resins), CAD, Design/Brand Consultations and etc.

For those of you in need of a reputable casting house for your pieces contact us!

1 Like