Flashfire dewax kiln meets blue cast wax

We are an art foundry and use CERAMIC SHELL molds and a FLASHFIRE DEWAX kiln not an oven. A client sent us a Formlabs version 2 blue cast wax. Our kiln goes from 0 to 1600 F in 30 minutes and has a big hole at the bottom to reclaim wax. That’s the point, to burn out plain old wax as quickly as possible so the ceramic shells don’t crach before they are vitrified. ANYONE DEWAXED BLUE CAST WAX in a flashfire kiln? Suggestions, tips, recommendations to prepare the shell and to handle this method of dewax…

trying to ramp it that fast just invites expansion and cracking.

Yes, thanks, that’s what the Formlabs data says, but FLASH fire kilns are not designed to ramp up slowly. We normally use actual wax in our process. Just wondering if anyone who uses ceramic shell and a flashfire kiln has experimented and has any tips using this blue printed “wax”.

somewhere in this forum there is a burnout schedule published for the casting resin that some use put together based on actual usage… but again it was based on gradual ramping of temp.

if the part is printed hollow, giving it a direction to expand in internally- you might be able to burn it out faster… but that’s only if the creator of the file made it as a hollow shell.

Of course. What I meant to convey is: because of what I said and then what you said, you can’t use the flash fire kiln.

BlueCast resin has a fast-fire schedule, but I did not have good results with it. I’ve gone back to a regular 12-hour burnout schedule. However, they show examples and have done a lot of testing and the fast burnout is supposed to be one of the advantages of their resin.

and yet you did not have good results. One of their reps frequents this blog perhaps we can put it to him? That said, I never got a straight answer about shrinkage of their supposed low-shrinkage formula.