Filter ring stand

Hi there
Does anyone know where to find a filter stand like this one?
RESIN FILTRATION

Amazon has them

Chris

2 Likes

thanks!

Not a problem @tvaranda!!! I have the luxury of a welder at work so I took some aluminum weld rod, wrapped it around a can to make it round then had the the ring welded closed then I had him put three legs on the ring to make one to use myself. All said and done it maybe cost $0.50 to make.

Chris

I made mine from a 7-gallon Rubbermaid trashcan and a 6" plastic funnel for under $10, which is a lot cheaper than the coat hangers sold online. I need to take an post pictures.

I just buy a stack of paper buckets… the rim of the bucket holds the paint strainer just fine, and contains a tank’s worth of resin post filtration. The paper bucket also helps keep ambient light off of the filtered resin.

1 Like

Here are some pics of the one I made!!

Chris

1 Like

Here are some pictures of my STS-5000 1/2 Schmoo Transfer Station. Those of you that watch AvE on YouBoob will understand ‘schmoo.’ I’ll put a permanent base on it when the local plastics supplier has their 50% end of month remnant sale.

The base is a Rubbermaid 7-gallon trash can. The funnel is a 6" in diameter. I cut off enough of the spout to allow an approximate 2" opening, and that keeps the resin off the funnel walls and one less thing to clean. Total cost is less than $10.

I tape the filter to the funnel on two sides to get it to lie flat.

2 Likes

Awesome idea @mjncad!!!

Chris

Thanks,

Anyone know where to get one of these ring stands in Europe?

Hi Reine,

It looks like Jesse answered your question in another thread - Filter holder? - #3 by Jesse_K

Were you able to locate a ring stand you can get in Europe?

I did a quick search but only US based resellers came up, I’ll dive deeper next week.

1 Like