Autodesk's plunge into hardware (i.e. PLA)

So … Autodesk is destined to be a player in the low end spectrum of the SLA market now? A medium sized software company getting into hardware? … Hmmm. Pretty ambitious. However, one thing is for sure, their software will work really well with their hardware (knock on wood) … well … when it does, in fact ship. If it was Adobe or Apple, I would be skeptical. However, I think this is good news to keep everyone innovative in this space, and on their toes.

-sj

That should be SLA, PLA, you can tell where my mind is at right now. Thermoplastic. :wink:

If anyone is interested, it’s this one.

http://www.autodesk.com/campaigns/spark

Very exciting news. Seems to be a minefield of lawsuits though.

According to this article the printer Autodesk is creating wiil be open source but will be priced in the $5k price range.

This looks very interesting and will hopefully push Formlabs to ramp up development.

Looks like some kinda sideways sliding/rotating separation mechanism.  I think they have adopted the b9 creators open-source ideas in this printer. With lots of improvements I’m sure.

Looks like a small build size though from that picture, unless it’s a bigger device. Can’t wait to know more I’m desperate to buy a resin based device.