Wie kann ich den Tankhalter neu kalibrieren?

Eigentlich wollte ich das optische Glas wechseln. Mir ist leider ein dummer Fehler passiert und ich habe die Schrauben des Tankhalters Abgeschraubt. Es sollte doch auch irgenwie möglich sein, den Tankhalter wieder selbst zu kalibrieren. Ich wäre echt froh, wenn mir da jemand weiter helfen könnte.

Gruß
Hermann

See: Disassembling and Reassembling of the Form 2 / re-calibrating Tank-Tray

Not sure if one could calibrate measuring height of tray slider above bottom plate in stead of measuring distance between slider & build platform? Would certainly be easier to measure. I’d also mark each screw of the slider tray in a way so that when they go back in, i can position them in exactly the same way as they were prior getting them out. It could easily be done by making a scratch on each of the bolts heads and a collinear scratch on the tray slider. Also: i’d count the number of whole turnes each bolt needs to make to get out in full. These indications should help to put tray slider in exact same position prior to dismanteling.

I’m about to change the slider sensity unit, so i’ll soon know if my tips are any help in calibrating…

Wim

oops, i only now understand you’ve unscrewed the slider tray without taking any measurements… My bad.

Somehow you should be able to get build platform in building position so it would push the slider tray in its position while maintaining access to the bolts the slider is screwed down with. Problem is, you probably need to short circuit the resin sensor as build platform will only come down if sensor is triggered. Also, when the resin tray is in its position, you can’t get to the screws. And maybe the build platform also covers the screws positions. Can’t check, as i don’ dare to take out my tray because my tray sensor is malfunctioning and i’m waiting for spare part to arrive before i’m willing to take it out.

Maybe you can sacrifice a tray & drill holes where the screws are so you can reach them with tray in place. Maybe you’ll have to sacrifice a build platform too and drill holes/cut parts away so you can reach screws through build platform too.
OK, maybe not the best ideas if you still have warranty, or are willing to pay formlabs to do the calibration for you. But should you think this is too costly (Euro 850 approx), and have an old tray & building platform to waste, that’s what i’ would try.

Hey, only my 2 cents, have not done this myself but just thinking along and suggesting what i would try if it would happen to me.
Wim

Guten Morgen
Danke für deine Hilfe. Formlabs möchte tatsächlich 850 Euro, für eine neu Kalibrierung. Der Drucker hat eigentlich noch Garantie, aber laut Formlabs, habe ich diese verloren, da ich den Halter abgeschraubt habe. Ich werde jetzt tasächlich versuchen, die Kaliebrierung selbst auf irgend eine Art und weise hin zu bekommen.

Gruß
hermann

Hermann,

and? Tried something meanwhile?

Also, in my post i opted it would be needed to fool the resin sensor for tray to come down without resin in the slider. I now learned that when you print in ‘open mode’ (https://support.formlabs.com/s/article/Open-Mode?language=en_US), the sensor is disabled. Maybe a small step towards succes?

Wim

Hallo Herrmann,

hast du schon einen Erfolg verzeichnen können?
Ich selbst habe die Kalibrierung wahrscheinlich “falsch” aber dafür recht einfach durchgeführt:
Schrauben fest drehen bis sie ganz fest sind, alle wieder soweit lösen, bis zwischen dem Tray und der Kunststoffabdeckung darunter 1,5mm Spalt herrscht.

-> Dann einen Druck starten und schauen, wie weit der Tank von der Bauplattform nach unten gedrückt wird.
Sind es nur ein paar Zehntel, kann man es mit dem Z-Versatz in den Einstellungen lösen, sind’s Millimeter, so musst du die Schrauben vom Tray noch ein weniger fester ziehen.

Viel Erfolg :wink:
Tim

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.