Form1+ laser flare issues illustrated - pics and video

@Steve_Johnstone please don’t get me wrong - I can see you’ve had a lot of frustration - but porous parts don’t necessarily indicate laser flare issues to me - since laser flare is an issue with overcuring - rather than missed curing. I’m not saying for sure those issues are not connected to your laser flare.

However - the first thing I noticed was the “river-bed” type separation in your bases - to me this indicates that you may need to lower your build platform.

The Form1+ seems to be particularly susceptible (much more so than the original Form1) to air-bubbles working their way into parts - which I’ve noticed seems to occur a lot more when the bases have “river bed” style separation. Perhaps air bubbles are actually infiltrating the part all the way from the base? it seems unlikely - I never thought to snap all the supports on a bubbled part to check for any hollow ones …

Also when parts have “trapped-air-cells” that occur during the print - (see @RocusHalbasch very good explanation of that here Clustered or bubble of cured resin) - causing an air bubble to burst through the part wall - and infiltrate the part - causing porosity.

Note that porous parts are usually much more porous than they actually appear to be - since liquid resin inside solid looks solid - you have to break the part into pieces to really see how hollow it is … and that will help you track down where the original air bubble found it’s way in…

2 Likes