First print!

The resin in the printer will not cure because the orange cover protects it from UV light sources. Same with the cartridges, in the black containers. Just keep everything (your printer, extra trays (with covers on), cartridges, etc) in an indoor room, at room temperature, out of direct sunlight and you are fine.

With regards to the print, lets leave the technical jargon out. Here’s almost exactly what I do…others can chime in and tell me I’m wrong or right. I made the following UV chamber. Small pieces I put in for at least 30 mins, usually turning once. Larger, thick pieces up to 2 hours. I keep the pieces at the bottom of a box roughly 2ft cube so they do not get too hot and warp.

That’s it…my pieces come out non-tacky and tremendously stronger than before curing. Prior to curing you can often use your finger nail to put scratch marks in your piece. Post curing this just isn’t the case.

As far as UV chamber vs the sun. I myself have never used the sun to cure. If you go that route, I wouldn’t put your items in direct sunlight because of the heat. As far as time I am not sure. I have read some FL employees leaving their parts on a window sill all day and they end up curing just fine. To me none of this is an exact science…just experiment, find out what works best for you and do it. Just take our word for it that UV curing is a necessary part of the process of finishing off a print.