Comb designed for cleaning the resin tank

Thanks a lot for your kind words.
And I quite agree to your approach.

BTW:
It seems, that the filter is rather popular. I could record 110 downloads so far. :slight_smile:
Would be happy to hear your experience with it.

Hey Schoner,

I printed your comb and its really well designed, I have to say. I love the form itself and the mesh on the shovel is awesome.

I did notice its a bit soft and I dont have a curing setup yet. Have you post-cured your print and did it then become hard? The mesh is fairly soft on mine.

Thanks for the model!

Yes, post-curing is highly recommended.
You can put it in a glass of water and expose it to the sunlight for some hours/days.

And thanks for the compliment. :slight_smile:

Best regards
Juergen Schoner

Hi Jürgen Schoner,

Amazing project! Love the ingenuity.
May I ask you which software did you use to render those images? They look gorgeous! I always have trouble rendering black parts!!

Best Regards.

João Lávaque
VDEsolutions.com

Thank you so much for this dedicated design. I appreciate it so much.

Has anyone tried a cat litter box scooper?

For me, any comb will not work after a print failure. Too much debris.
I have to pour all the resin into a can using a paint filter. Then clean with IPA in the tank with toilet paper.
Pour back the resin from can. Throw away paint filter.

1 Like

I like the design of the comb but I don’t think it is practical. It only takes a few minutes to pour the contents of the tank through a paint filter. I use the flat scrapper and a rubber spatula to force all the debris out of the tank. Once the material is filtered I pour it back into the tank. Simple. If you need a funnel to hold your paint filter, I posted one here, Resin Filter Funnel

1 Like

Hi Schoner,
That looks awesome. I downloaded the design. Do you know about how much resin it used? Does it matter which resin I use?

Thanks!

Happy new year to all,
Schoner, maybe you can post and an STL file ?

Thanks a lot.

You have the STL in his post, below: Comb designed for cleaning the resin tank

I also wonder this!
Which orientation did you print this with?

Anyone else wanna chime in on the results of collecting debris with it? :smiley:

Thanks for info bolsoncerrado, but… I think is only the form file there.
If you have the STL please post a link.

Thanks in advance

I just noticed that too. I’m assuming he didnt choose to share the STLs as its a really cool design with embeded “ads” on it :smiley: Perhaps Formlabs want to adopt it so he must retain IP on his side :smiley:

On the other hand, importing the .form files on the latest version of the sofware asks me to update the supports to the newest version, and then everything turns RED (unprintable, specially the mesh). Shall I tell it NOT to upgrade the supports??

It was red and before that…but all the people confirmed that is printable like that ! I’m printing it right now. Will confirm again if necessary.

OK so dont care about redish mesh, right? :smiley:

Are you printing in STD or TOUGH?

It’s good to see great ideas like these made available in the forum, someone a support for the platform so that it could run off the resin?

Yes someone did that and shared the 3D files, although I can’t seem to get my hands on it right now. It was a holder that would place the platform at an angle on top of the vat to allow resin to drip. Personally, I’m dubious as to the efficiency of the thing, but it could be useful for some specific types of prints.

1 Like

Printed perfectly in tough with all that red zone.Cool ! Thanks goes to AUTHOR :slight_smile: Is really tinny, I was expecting to be bigger :))

1 Like

Cool looking! Now some pics of it In action hehehe