What parameters are important in order to get best female and male threads

Hi people,
I have been reading some topics about having threads and I am new for form3 machine.
For some reason I am having worse thread quality on sla form3 than 3d printer.
Would you give me some tips to set the defaults in order to get good quality for both female and male threads?

• Does increasing the resolution help with getting better threads?
    -Editing support material gave me defected faces also. Any thoughts on this issue?
    I am trying to have the best quality for the threads without tapping because tapping works with small sizes as M5 etc… but I need big sizes so what parameters are important in order to get best thread quality?
    I gave some clearance between male and female threads. I am doing experiments at this moment and It would be great to get tips from you guys to reduce experimental time.
    Thank you.

I have the same question. I am working on an assembly with a 3.00-16 UN (3-inch diameter, 16 tpi) male and female thread. The threads come out almost slanted to one side and not as pronounced as they are supposed to be. Furthermore, mating parts do not fit together. I have had this issue both on 1-inch diameter threads and these larger sizes. I have tried multiple resolutions. I am using Gray Pro material which is one of the higher end engineering resins.

I have got some experience since I started this topic. in my experience. If both external and internal threats(mating parts) are in sla 3d printed, it is very hard to leave a standard gap by just modeling them so I used threading taps to have accurate internal threats, using dials also for externals. Because I realized that the thread profile is not perfect triangle shape. The tip is kind of hanging down because of the gravity. You might not even need to model the internal threads, you could make pilot hole and use the treading tap. I still have the same problem with bigger diameter standard threats as you mention which there is no threading tap tool. For this issue, the best you could is, you model internal threads based off of what the machinery’s book says and then you model the external threads giving .013" per side between major dia internal and major diameter of external threads. Lastly you could also re-pattern spline of external threads by using something sharp as a file.