Rinsing bath - how to disposal ? when to change?

Thanks for the warnings for me and all the others reading here the explosive/toxic issues surrounding IPA as a volatile

cannot be over emphasised, see my own posts a while ago below.

http://support.formlabs.com/entries/23371721-Set-Up-the-Form-Finish-Kit

The post was only an example of how simple an evaporator and condenser could potentially be that heater is a no no

under rated too hot ignition source in fact even plugging it in to a socket near to IPA and vapour is way too dangerous!!!

I was thinking more along the lines of adapting that simplicity to something with a transparent top/lid black internal bucket

and it all sat in a shallow tray of cold water/ice?

Therefore only works if used outside on a warm or sunny day is where I was trying to go.

Just a thought?

The above missed out the arrangement as was in the early link/post where a large bucket has a smaller black bucket raised inside it the larger bucket/container has a transparent top and is sat in a shallow tray of cold water.

Or an even easier construction just hang the smaller black bucket from a hook fastened below the transparent lid.

All low cost very very simple may need refinement but better than 1000’s of Form owners dumping these chemicals.

I’m just going to bottle mine up into mason jars and sell it to the locals as Resin flavored Moonshine.

I kid I kid…

1 Like

@Jory, I have the same questions and hoped to find a link by now to that article you’re working on. Any chance it’s ready and posted somewhere?

Thanks.

@Kevin I’ll take 7 bottles.

@Chris We have written up an article and it can be found here: https://formlabs.zendesk.com/entries/24677668-Disposal-of-Waste-Resin-and-Used-Isopropanol-Alcohol-IPA-#ipa

Please keep in mind, as stated previously, we are unable to give exact disposal instructions as legal requirement vary from place to place. I hope this article helps!

Sorry, I’ll do a reply in french since it’s related to France :slight_smile:

sand tz : en général, les déchetteries municipales ont un dépôt spécial pour les produits chimiques et toxiques. Il suffit simplement de mettre ton IPA dans une bouteille fermée hermétiquement et d’inscrire bien gros ce qu’il y a dessus. Je précise toujours quand je dépose mon alcool ce que c’est aux personnes sur place  vu que c’est hautement inflammable.

Et pour information, un sujet “entre français” à été ouvert sur ce même forum :  https://formlabs.zendesk.com/entries/26943843-French-language-speaking-Form1-users

Has anyone actually been successful at evaporation. What you are left with is jello. Not something you can just throw out. I am guessing we just need to take it to the haz waste depot and pay.

You definitely know to change the bath when it looks like this:

Here’s a different angle…:

How do I handle this as it’s a huge piece of jello? Kind of like a solid, kind of like a liquid.

1 Like

Oh my.
Does it have pseudopodia?

Maybe let it ooze out into a tupperware container, then leave it in the sun?
I doubt it can ignite with THAT amount of resin in it.

That looks thick enough you could probably print with it!
(I kid. I kid. Dont do that)

All low cost very very simple may need refinement but better than 1000’s of Form owners dumping these chemicals.