Resin tank Lifespan

Hey all,

Form 3 mention that the lifespan of the tank (Gray Pro resin used) is exceed and a replacement is required.
Dose any one pass the time and still using the tank? any issues? things that needs to be aware of when still using the tank?

Cheers,

Kobi

My understanding is the risk of a leak (through the adhesive between the layers and the tank) increases as you exceed the recommended time.

Here’s some past discussion about Form 3 tank lifetime. Note resins this is a particular issue for are Tough 2000, Elastic Resin, Rigid Resin and Grey Pro Resin.

(see Resin tank lifetime monitoring)

In the touchscreen with the printer diagram, there is a ‘>’ next to the tank text. Touching that will take you to another screen which gives more details on the state of your tank.

Thanks for your comments.
Unfortunately I couldn’t find any reference to a lifespan of a V2 tanks that exceed the lifespan mention by Formlabs.
from people experience, how long the tanks holds before anything happens?

Thanks

It’s only been 16 weeks since V2 tanks began shipping, so you might be hard-pressed to find anyone yet who’s surpassed the recommended limits (at least by much).

Their recommendation for Tough 2000, Elastic Resin, Rigid Resin and Grey Pro is “10 weeks exposed to resin or 3 liters of printed resin, whichever occurs first”. And “35 weeks exposed to resin or 5 liters of printed resin, whichever occurs first” for the other resins.

My printer, with a V1 tank and std grey resin, gives the limits as 250 days exposed to resin or 600 hours printing which, whichever occurs first. I got the warning screen at ~75% of usage.