Resin Cartrdige Disposal/Recycle

I mean they should be able to pull off the old bite valve do a full rinse refill and reprogram slap another bite valve on and send them out the door at a slight discount?

What about a cartridge refill option? Send them back and get a refill of resin in your old cartridge?

From what Iā€™ve gathered, some of the biomedical grade resins are manufactured by 3rd parties and resold to various entities like formlabs and other dental companies that rebrand. Might be similar options out there to just buy a different form factor of the same resin and refill your own cartridge from a less wasteful bottle/ bulk volume of resinā€¦

1 Like

yeah just send out bite valves with the new bottles of resin and we can fill them from the top vent valve since that comes off and unscrews

Now thatā€™s a money making venture. 1-2 bulk bottles you send back and forth to refill the cartridgeā€™s (that every user has accumulated). Good for formlabs because it would require at least one cartridge order of that corresponding resin, and then good for the world at large because it ultimately cuts down on waste and this accumulation of cartridges. Resin straight from the tap (or vat, Iā€™m unsure of the correct terminology).

Hey @smiledoc ,

Thatā€™s a pretty good idea! Although I canā€™t guarantee anything, I am more than happy to pass that idea to our Product Feedback team to mull over. Thank you for your suggestion!

1 Like

Another vote for some sort of bulk refill bottles. Weā€™re not even making production parts with our Form 3L and I already have a mountain of resin cartridges. Itā€™s not uncommon for us to go through one or two on a single print and it definitely feels irresponsible considering the amount of plastic, rubber and electronics baked into each one of those things.

1 Like

Hi kirkdavenport,

Thank you for sharing your feedback - I do know the team is looking into these types of solutions to reduce waste, as that is a common sentiment users have shared. Iā€™ve just gone ahead and passed your vote/suggestion to the team to get more attention on this - thank you again.