Heating and wiper funktion

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your answer and statement. I am very exciting about the new things coming soon. But - please - don´t wait long with it. The results with these options are much better than without them when using the open mode. We need it back quick.

When they fix the issues with the firmware I’m sure it’ll have the wiper and heater enabled for Open Mode.

1 Like

In my perfect little world, Preform has an additional menu item in Edit: Open Mode.

Clicking it presents two sliders with 5 stops each:
Heater: Off - 25 - 30 - 35 - 40 (Degrees Celsius)
Wiper: Off - 25% - 50% - 75% - 100% (speed relative to normal Closed Mode)

Under which would be a standard “Save As” with a text entry area for a new profile name and pull-down for re-saving previous names.

These profiles (named sensibly like “FTD1+ Gray 35C 25%”) would then be additional options after the standard FL configurations in the Print Setup.

Choosing a custom setup would pop-up a dialog box: “Warning: Custom Profiles may void your Warranty and repairs for any damage caused by them may incur charges.” You must click “OK” to proceed.

If FL suspects any service call to be caused by the above, notations in the printer data log (which they will of course require to be uploaded) will prove their right to charge.

I give Formlabs my full blessing and encouragement to use this suggested template with no obligation to compensate me in any way.

5 Likes

Perhaps our dream comes true!
I hope FL fix it.