Thank goodness for the giant box...car burglarized with Form 2!

Because I’m a complete nerd and took our new Form 2 on vacation to Colorado, we had packed the printer in the giant box and put it in the car.

Last night we stopped at a hotel, and unloaded most of our valuables, but left little CurlyBee in the car with a fleece blanket over the box.

When my better half went to put our bikes back on the car this morning, he discovered the window had been smashed, a small suitcase and my Camelback backpack were gone. My GoPro with vacation videos and other valuables along with it.

But there in the back was little CurleyBee. My Form 2 was safe!

They probably didn’t know what a “Formlabs” box contained, or the box was too big to hassle with. They probably chose not to open the car door because it would set off the alarm, and they couldn’t pull it through the window. And thank goodness they didn’t mess with the resin trays I had carefully packed to avoid spillage. (Friday update…they DID mess with the trays and broke the plastic top, and spilled blue castable resin V2 in the box, which leaked out onto a blanket…)

A little cardboard, some duct tape, and we were back on the road.

I am so thankful. CurlyBee and I became really good friends on vacation. :slight_smile:

Great sorry, I think there is a 12 step program for you somewhere!, and I though I had an issue having a Form 1+ and a Form 2.
:wink: :wink: :smile:

1 Like

Oh no…I think it’s easy to become attached! At first I felt a little weird about having a “named” printer, but now it’s like a little friend. I just knew when my better half came back to the hotel room with the bad news that I’d be facing my worst fear. Around 1:00 in the morning I told him that I didn’t feel comfortable with our mountain bikes on the back of the car, and he was mildly annoyed, but we brought them back up to the room. I never dreamed the car would be broken into.

Anyway, I got AMAZING prints on vacation, and now that I’m back, it’s time to start casting!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.