This is an idea I came up with on how to make use of the base material for the supports.
When I finished my first few prints, it seemed like a shame to waste so much material on support structures and base material.
For the projects I am printing, it became apparent that a large portion of the overall volume would go to waste. In addition, I needed to print additional components to prop up the final result.
Instead of printing a base for the figure, I used the bottom material as the base. I used a small amount of resin and a UV LED array to fuse the parts together. Stronger than glue! Now every print, I can make use of about half of the waste material.