Prints everything... except the center

Thanks, I wasn’t looking closely enough at those supports. @echang1365 is that one giant “uber-raft” covering your whole build platform, or are those mini-rafts (supports that connect to small islands on the platform)? It looks like the former to me, but I want to confirm.

I agree with @Dudemeister the Z-Offset thing is unlikely, but in fairness I’ve had Support suggest it to me for other symptoms I thought weren’t due to adhesion. Probably because we were running out of anything else to try.

Over-curing by using a stronger laser profile is a great suggestion. Here’s a graph that gives an idea of relative laser exposures used for different materials.

I’ve done that in the past to tease a little more shelf life out of old Standard resins. You can use Open Mode, or if you really want heat and wiper, you can trim the orange shipping cap and leave it covering the bite valve on a Black cartridge, install it, install the Grey tank, and tell the printer it’s now a Black tank. But you DIDN’T hear that trick from me, and I wouldn’t try it on an in-warranty printer (FL would not approve).

EDIT: One other “advanced” trick I learned recently, if you’ve exhausted all other possibilities (including making less snails per print, thorough optical cleanings, a different build platform, fresh resin/tank, etc) is duplicating the 5 failed snail models in Preform and perfectly aligning their position to the originals (zoom in super close to a corner to get it perfect). That will cause the laser to make an extra pass over each of their layers. If that succeeds where nothing else did, it might lend further evidence to the faulty laser theory.

1 Like