Pre-filter for air intake on the Form 3?

Has anyone considered / printing a pre-filter for the form 3? Unfortunately as the owner of a large hairy dog, I think the dog hair is starting to accumulate inside the resin, and it’s a pain to have to filter it every time I start a print.

I think the air intake is on the bottom, would it be a good idea to put a pre-filter in there so not as much air/dust gets sucked into the chamber during printing?

1 Like

Hey @kelvie!

I think your best bet would be to cover the printer itself rather than just the intake. The main reason for this is that most of air that gets pulled into the printer for the heater is just atmospheric rather than through one specific location.

If you search these forums a bit you can find some options that folks have come up with at home as well! If I have a chance a little later I’ll try and collect a few for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, I guess my assumption of the intake being in the bottom was faulty. Thanks for the clarification and I’ll figure out how to deal with that then (likely an air purifier close by…)

I wonder if the vibrations from the fan will affect prints at all.

Vibrations shouldn’t be too much of a problem I don’t think! There’s enough soft tolerances in the printer(rubber feet etc) that the print shouldn’t be affected. Definitely don’t hesitate to let us know if you notice anything though!

1 Like

Air intake is on the bottom side but it’s taking out the air from the printer (not taking in air). Placing a filter in this place will filter only the outgoing air, which is not what you want.

Personally I placed the Form3 printer into cabinet (wardrobe from IKEA) with forced air ventilation on top side. Fan is working non stop on low speed by placing capacitor (330nF/630V) in serial with the fan (you need to choose the right capacitor value depend on the fan you use). This solution has two benefits:

• printer is not exposed to daylight (stays in complete darkness) and resin is not sensibilised
  • dust is not affecting the prints