Optic test - need help understanding this outcome

I’m getting mixed results 2 of the pillars look okay but 2 of them look very bizarre in there upper part

Thanks

Hey @kfirs,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post!

The errors you’re seeing here are indicative of some kind of degradation along the optical path. Given that it’s contained to just one area of the pillars, it’s likely that it’s a distinct smudge, rather than more general dust.

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our support team here, with the same photos you’ve posted here, and they’d be more than happy to help you get that issue all sorted out so you can get back to printing ASAP. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @DKirch
it’s definitely not a smudge or dust,
anyone else have an idea ?

From the photos, it looks like it could be something on the main mirror, or the galvanometer mirrors, to spread the laser light out and cure the extra blobs of resin on the towers at the back of your build platform. You can probably examine the main mirror well enough, even without taking the printer apart, to rule out a problem there, but I don’t think you’ll be able to see if there’s anything on one of the galvanometer mirrors without opening up the printer (with instructions from Support) and taking a look at them and/or just cleaning them anyway while the printer is open.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.