I can't add to a fresh post, so I'm posting a new thread asking wtf

A summary post from Formlabs listing out the various implementations of user requests would be cool. It looks like the Feature Requests forum has been online for over three years. It should be a pretty good list! It could be a 'Thank you for all your input" post and you can thank the individuals who brought up the idea and briefly say when or how it was implemented. I am brand new to this machine and software so I am unaware of the improvements over the last 3 years, it would be nice to see.

Yeah, the thread auto-close bugs me too. Not just here, but I really don’t understand why some forum moderators are so neurotic about closing threads, or yelling at people for posting on threads more than 6 months old. I just posted on some 6-YEAR-old thread a few days ago. The question was still valid, and the fix was still valid. I added a refinement. What’s the problem?

When I first saw the auto-close of 14 days here, I just rolled my eyes. Now that’s way too short. I wanted to contribute more to a thread from last December … nope, closed. :unamused:

The only valid reason for closing old threads is if people don’t read the date and start chatting with someone who posted something 10 years ago, but it’s easy to fix that by just giving all threads older than, say, 6 months, a grey font or background.

3 Likes