Fuse 1 thoughts

We’ll be answering questions in the new Fuse 1 and Form Cell thread.

1 Like

Hello Frew

Is it possible to see closer images of the surface of printed parts?

This is one of the important questions for me.

Thank you

Karlheinz

@SonKim spec sheet here https://formlabs.com/media/upload/Fuse_1_Tech_Specs.pdf

Nice one Max I think an industry game changer again!

However that saddle in the vid I wouldn’t want to test it …

I’m curious to know if anyone can provide some examples of where SLS is a true production solution. From my perspective, the surface quality, porosity, and limited material choice makes it hard for me to see how the technology can be used for production parts.

Remember that production means different things to different people. The biggest industry that I know of that uses SLS for production (non-structural) is aviation. Production volume in aviation can be in the hundreds.

Others are dentistry (ceramics) and the hobby industry with low volume option parts (polyamide/nylon).

Will it be possible to use Alumide powder or any other composite material in Fuse 1 printer? If so what would be the rough cost of the powder?

I would bet they have a look at Alumide soon. Mechanically it’s very similar to polyamide (it’s aluminum and polyamide). But might have different heat and abrasion capabilities so it would be interesting. Also, add the carbon reinforced material to the list.

Process temperatures are fairly similar but the light absorption from the laser might be different due to the material color. If they have a little headroom on the laser power it should work.

Fuse 1 will be shipping with PA11 and PA12 but we’re continuously looking into additional material offerings.

Are you or any of your distributor planing to present Fuse 1 on any of UK shows or events this year? So I can see quality of this machine?

I found sharebot snowwhite spec. and with just 4 Watt stronger but CO2 laser they are able to sinter Alumide and Carbomide. I also had a word with Sinterit engineer during TCT show in Birmingam last year and he admit they are trialling Alumide as well. See below SLS printer compare I did. Maybe it will be useful for someone