Differences between White V2 and White V3

Recently I have been experimenting with some flex features in White V2. The flexures would move only very slightly and the stiffness of the V2 worked well for my application. Since I started we ran out of V2 and now only have V3 to work with. So now, I have two models on my desk that are the same geometry but printed in the two different material versions. What I noticed is that the White V3 is MUCH softer and less stiff than the white V2 which is making my flexure geometry not work the way I want it to. I made sure to post process the parts similarly so that this wasn’t an issue. I believe the datasheets on these two materials states they should be very similar mechanically but I’m not seeing this in practice.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing? Are there any other notable differences people should be aware of?

I will say that V3 looks amazing, the matte coloring hides all of the layer lines so my print in low resolution looked better than high resolution prints of V2.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.