Delays on Form3 delivery

Ordered our Form 3 in early May 2019, original ship date was August 2nd, never head from anyone when that date passed by. I reached out to sales but my expectations are now very low. We absolutely love our Form 2 and I do not understand why Formlabs would discontinue the Form 2 before the Form 3 is readily available. My experience with this Form 3 order combined with the eternally evolving Fuse 1 delay tells me that as customers we need to expect that Formlabs will seriously over promise and under deliver on any new products.

If the Form3 had been shipping on schedule then it wouldn’t have been as much of an issue that they had discontinued the Form 2.

Also, the Form 2 wasn’t delayed like this so it’s more of a unique situation.
I think it would help though that instead of taking full cost at the time of preorder they should have taken a deposit

My Form 3, ordered April 10th, finally shipped on Sept 3rd.

Crazy about these shipping stories. I didn’t plan on it but a local guy sold me a form 3 for a crazy price after seeing my post to sell one of my form2’s. Such a great deal I couldn’t pass it up. I hope you all get your machines soon.

F3 on the second hand market already! I hope you bought a lottery ticket as well!!:grinning:

I ordered one … no clue when, canceled the order beginning of august and they still shipped me a machine that is here since 13 days instead of a refund). Nice machine, even if I cannot see it since it is in an unopen box.
So they are shipping … not necessarily to the right people

Let us know if it works, I am on a Facebook Formlabs Dental group, and one users Form 3 printer says its a counterfeit and to contact Formlabs support! Crazy!

:rofl:this is hilarious… now if they refunded and sent you the machine I’d say your deal was better than mine and you need to grab a lottery ticket

What the hell!! Maybe this one will too? You never know seeing as tho I didn’t place the original order. I wonder what happens in that situation. :thinking:

So now you know how you got it for a crazy low price! :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol basically … if it doesn’t work. :rofl:… maybe they disable it using the serial ? :man_shrugging:t5:

This was the error that popped up on their machine. Hopefully that is not the case for you!

Yeah I hope not ! That’s crazy ! I wonder what happens in that situation.

I actually don’t have the resin tray so can’t even fire it up if I wanted right now.

We will see, but I doubt I will get a refund before the printer is not back, which sucks since I was agreed a refund 6 weeks ago or so, and the shipping is their error.

Damn sorry to hear that.

I went ahead and busted it out and don’t seem to have that issue.

But did notice how the plastic on top can scratch up the orange cover which is a bummer Im pretty sure I didn’t have this issue with my two form2 machines.

Its possible I could have issues with the machine if I tried to update the firmware but since I can’t even attempt to print anything I figure I will wait for a real important job to come through. Or for the selling of my two form2 machines to happen before really doing anything with this one.

It looks like he tried to update and got that message. Can he still use the machine as it is?

I’m not positive, I asked in the group about an hour ago. I will let you know what he says. Glad to see that yours is working.

Thank you so much !

The person said that the machine was being replaced by Formlabs and it was sent to them in calibration mode. So good news for them! :slight_smile: