Deformed Areas in Print

Attached are images of a build just completed. I built this part vertical (from Tough) as I needed to maintain the Z geometry accuracy. The end with the 6 bosses was closest to the build platform and supported by ample supports. The issue is the surfaces that should be flat and crisp come out kind of modeled, not flat or crisp… whereas the other end that finished building last did come out crisp. I left 6mm between the raft and where the part started building. Any insights as to why this occurred. Thanks for the help.

Generally I find it’s lack of supports in an area that causes this issue. Adding small tip supports that break off easy in those area might help. stop this.

I have found that a flat surface that is built parallel to the build plate will be deformed. I think this happens because resin is trapped on the first layer of the flat surface and is cured for a second time when the laser builds the second layer. You’ll see this if you build a two cubes at the same time. Have one oriented with a side parallel to the build plate and the other at angle from the build plate. The angled one will have smoother support numbs than the parallel one. I don’t think there is a work around for this, other than building at an angle.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.