Complete mismatch between screen work and print

I’m not a rookie on F2.
But this is the first time that I see a mismatch so big.
The deformation is only along the wiper axe.
2021-08-11_095628

Any idea on this failure? Tomorrow I will open the printer, I am almost sure that there is a mirror problem.

Not clear what you’re complaining about. That the placement on the build plate in Preform doesn’t match the placement on the build plate of the print?

Parts are deformed and stretched. parts as seen on preform layout have a straight prismatic shape, while the printed parts have a curvy shape

Since the distortion starts close to the build plate, I would get that the clip on the build plate was not properly engaged.

Nein, sir.
I have done a second print without a column and a row of parts from outside, and I have had the same problem. Clip was firmly engaged.

Hey @Alessandro!

I’m so sorry that you ran into this problem! I know how frustrating that can be. This looks like an optical issue with your machine. As such, I’d recommend following these instructions very carefully to re-clean the optical window on your machine.

If you’re still not having success, the issue may be with your resin tank. Either way, the best thing to do to get help as efficiently as possible is to get in touch with our support team. They’ll be more than happy to investigate your situation more closely so we can figure out what might be going on!

Optical???

I would think it’s more of a mechanical or electrical issue, with the galvos deflecting further and further outward from the center, during the build.

Look at it, the further out from the center the part is, the more of pronounced the distortion is, like a vertical sine wave.

I’m pretty sure this issue need a little more thought put into it than “clean your optics”.

Just to clarify, we typically don’t want to dig into full troubleshooting on the forums, so we thought this was a quick thing Alessandro could check on, and it’s never a bad idea to have an idea of how your optics are looking once you contact support. If it came off as flippant that definitely wasn’t our intention. I’m partially to blame for not articulating my thought process properly to Jackson who was working with my guidance.

Appreciate the feedback as always.

1 Like

Yes, I think the same.
I have cleaned the optics (3 mirrors) a couple of month ago, and all goes well, I have had nice prints until this one.