2017 Formlabs Forums Holiday Contest 🎄

Any Updates on the voting outcome?

It’s time to announce the winners!

This one was especially challenging, and the deviation in votes between each entry was impressively small. Nonetheless, your first and second place winners.

1st Place
@Nixie for their bronze statue entry. We were especially impressed with with the design, quality of the patina, and the simple wood mount is a great touch.

2nd Place
@ahrensdorf with their fully 3D printed snow globe. We’ve seen a few methods for re-purposing supports and using them as snow in a snow globe was incredibly clever.

I’ll be in touch with both of you for prize fulfillment details. Thanks to all of you that entered and we’re looking forward to doing more of these in the future!

4 Likes

Wow, I’m so chuffed!

Congratulations to everyone, there were some really inspiring ideas here, Next year I will try some decorations of my own; I also especially thought the snow globe was very ingenious.

And thanks to @Frew and the formlabs crew for setting this up for us! :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you @Frew & Formlabs!

It was fun to see how each person approached this. The entires were all so different judging must have been quite difficult. I am always impressed with the variety of finishing techniques and high level of 3d modeling skills everyone here seems to possess. It inspires me to learn more and work on developing some of those skills.

This was a great contest and I hope there are more to come!

5 Likes

Would VERY MUCH like to know what you did to get such excellent chrome results! I need to paint/finish some R2D2 parts that need to look like chrome/polished aluminum. Your results were excellent. How’d you do it?

1 Like