What's your Form1+ (plus) experience?

I had looked into the Roland MDX 40 A and found design flaws and limitation on materials to be a big downside for a machine of that price.
The 4th axis is driven on a lathe type jig which is on round rails and aluminum frame making it deflect in the middle. Fine for light cutting wax but anything else it will have problems.
Other Major issue I had was the x axis is belt driven and not on a ball screw. I have know idea why they can’t put another $150-$200 for a ball screw into a $12,000 machine.
Another downside to that mill is there is no automatic tool changer so if you want a fine finish it can take forever. The only descent machine they have is their highest end and I’m sure theres lots of competition out there that have better machines. Don’t get me wrong, Roland is a nice company but some of their machines are less than par.

I’ve had my Form1+ for less than a month, overall I think it is a good purchase. As with all SLA systems there is a little learning curve with regards to part orientation and resin handling. There are some basic rules to follow to get good prints as you will see on the forums here.
I am blown away with the surface quality, usually print at 50micron and the surface needs little or no finishing. Model touch-up, repair or adhesion is done with raw resin and a 405nm laser pointer. I use a focusable one with a rechargeable battery that ran me about $20usd from NewEgg.

The PreForm software does some nice repairs automatically and overall the process is much easier than setting up any cnc machine.