Prints begining to fail

Hey guys I had posted in another persons thread about my prints that are failing. I had printed this particular print about 5 times in the same orientation just fine and now when I print I get a melted looking mess. I have cleaned my resin tank out and peeled off the resin that had stuck to the tray. The tray now has a cloudy spot on it right in the center. I had only printed using this tray about 11 times since receiving my printer and the beginning of January. I haven’t even gone through an entire bottle of resin yet.

As you can see on the left of the pics the print came out correctly. Now when I print they come out with the head and tail not fully formed. Last night I cleaned out the resin tray and put in fresh resin and printed again and I re-oriented the model to not be printed directly in the center as the others we placed. I placed it as far left as I could and rotated it 90 degrees and this time the tail printed correctly but the head was still a distorted mess.

Dear Richard,
I recently get the some problem with you. I got my Form1+ in Feb2015, and not yet consume 1L of resin. My first few small scale prints are perfect. One time I tried to print out a large scale model, my Form1+ starts to fail print until now. I still cannot get a perfect print. I have done what you have done.

1. Change resin tray
  2. Clean resin tray
  3. Change resin color
  4. Re-orient the model during print out
  5. Make hollow of model and make solid of the same model
    Nothings works so far.
    You may find hint in this laser problem thread: Form1+ laser flare issues illustrated - pics and video - #12 by Ante_Vukorepa
    You may be in the same problem as us.

I recommend you to do the laser diagnostic. Warning! Please don’t look directly to the laser as it is harmful to your eye.

Time by time I am also getting problems in my prints,

In this case I was printing something very Simple. I took good results a few times but 2 times failure,
normally remove all the resin and put fresh new resin on thank , but it is a lot of waste material.

I just got a cleaning instruction from Formlab technician, your case is similar to mine. You can open a ticket for them with photo attached. I am still waiting for my test print after cleaning. Hope that my printer can restore to its functionality.

By the way, did you do the laser inspection mentioned above?

Dear Richard,
I recently get the some
problem with you. I got my Form1+ in Feb2015, and not yet consume 1L of
resin. My first few small scale prints are perfect. One time I tried to
print out a large scale model, my Form1+ starts to fail print until now.
I still cannot get a perfect print. I have done what you have done.

1. Change resin tray
  2. Clean resin tray
  3. Change resin color
  4. Re-orient the model during print out
  5. Make hollow of model and make solid of the same model
    Nothings works so far.
    You may find hint in this laser problem thread: Form1+ laser flare issues illustrated - pics and video - #12 by Ante_Vukorepa
    You may be in the same problem as us.

Greetings Cheuk Ming Wong,

The problem I ended up having was a bad laser and after contacting support they had me do a laser diagnostics test and some other tests and determined my laser was bad and had me send it in for a replacement. Eventually I upgraded my Form 1 to a Form 1+ and I haven’t had any problems since. I’d recommend contacting them and hopefully they will get you fixed and back to printing in no time.

Good luck! :smile: