Form 2 resin amount tracking?

How are people going about tracking the amount of resin left in their cartridges? I tried summing up the amount used by all previous jobs (I am surprised this isn’t done automatically in preform?) but I suspect this will be an underestimate due to resin wasted removing prints and cleaning the build platform etc. It would be good if there was a transparent section of the cartridge so we could clearly see how much resin is left.

Also, what is the capacity of the resin tank? Can small jobs be printed using only the resin available in the tank? What happens if the form 2 detects no resin left in the cartridge?

1 Like

The capacity of the Form 2 resin tank is about 260 ml. If the cartridge is empty, the printer will pause function. You can also read more about the cartridge system here:

1 Like

Also, we are working on software improvements that will track resin usage so the machine can notify you when the cartridge is low. I don’t have a timeline for that right now, but it is in active development.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.