Bad prints out of brand New Form 3

1/ There have been two firmware releases since these prints were done on 6th January. Both release feature ‘Various bug fixes’ which could mean anything.

2/ My understanding is that Formlabs was working on tuning grey resin @ 100μm before turning to other resins and layer thicknesses. Presumably they have found from their dashboard data that this combination of resin and layers is the most populars.

3/ It looks to me as if the resin is over-curing, ie the laser is passing through the working layer to cure resin where it shouldn’t be cured. If you like the laser is trying to to cure 100μm layer while you are trying to print 50 or 25μm layers.

4/ The Form3 will work with 0.2mm touchpoints. At 100% density there maybe more supports so there is a trade off between number and size of supports. In general the smaller touchpoint allow the model to be just twisted off the supports. (I’m using 0.3mm touchpoints @ 80% on many of the print on my Form2).

OK I know this last bit doesn’t help with your problems, but I think that that is entirely in the hands to the Formlab techs. Hopefully they will having it all sorted by the Form3’s first birthday.

1 Like