A response to Sam_Jacoby

@EvanFoss — I really appreciate your thoughts. This isn’t a brush-off — but you should definitely open up a support ticket if you haven’t already. While various resolutions can affect your surface finish, you shouldn’t be having such dramatic print failures simply in changing Our team will want to walk through the basics with you, of course, so please be patient. As many here can attest to, as frustrating as it may sometimes be, our support team is second-to-none, and will work hard to make sure your machine is operating well.

I’m sorry I overlooked that! Could you please start a thread about that? I can do so if you’d like. I looked through the previous threads, but I couldn’t find the post you’re referring to — Discourse’s internal search leaves something to be desired. At any rate, it was certainly not my intention to gloss over your contributions, which have been super useful.

Points well taken.

As for your specific technical questions, I apologize for not being more detailed in my responses. We’ve had multiple internal discussions about some of the issues you guys have raised. I’ll see if @CraigBroady can provide more details, as he’s been heavily involved.

I think a lot of the frustration, here, has to do with the timescales involved between the research guys are doing, and how long it takes us to learn about, solve, design, and distribute a solution. You guys have done fantastic work, but at the end of the day, we’re developing a proprietary product, and we have to keep much of what we do under-wraps.

As those backers who’ve been with us since the very beginning can attest to, making a product is slooooooow.

For the record, my job isn’t really as forum admin. I step in here, because I am a real curmudgeon, and love passing on your guys concerns (which I do all the time). I am pretty new at this sort’ve thing, I must admit, so am definitely open to suggestions on how you guys think we can have a better run, happier community! Let’s put em’ over here.

It does appear that the auto-close isn’t what we’re looking for, exactly — what I was looking to do was to prevent people from re-opening very old threads. This frequently happens with very new visitors, who’ll post their first post on an old troubleshooting thread.

1 Like